Senior Project/Program Manager
- 740 CHF per day
The Senior Project Manager (PM) will work within the project portfolio of the Department of IT. The incumbent will be responsible for simultaneously managing the triple constraint of scope, time, and resources and shall report regularly to the IT Project Management Office (PMO) on the status of her/his projects.
Reporting to the Project Board of the project for delivering the result, and reporting to the Head of PMO for PMBOK methodology. he incumbent performs the overall management of the projects that have been assigned to her/him including planning, managing, tracking, and reporting on the status of those projects. He/she will simultaneously manage all aspects of the delivery of up to five workstreams.
In line with the methodology prescribed by PMO, he/she will also ensure the implementation of practical business solutions under multiple deadlines, the provision of ongoing communications/reporting, timely completion, with high quality standards, in alignment with support procedures, and within budget. The role will include management of the project team and require close partnership with the outsourced systems provider, business, support and other client teams.
The incumbent works closely with other PMO colleagues to ensure that projects are functioning well, and that processes and procedures are in place to support the smooth operations.
3. Work to be performed
The Project for which we are contracting a Senior Project Manager is the implementation of redesigned processes and systems for collecting and managing performance data and case-based incidence data. The project consists of 5 workstreams for which the PM has management responsibility:
1. Information Management: Data Standards, Data Collection & Reporting Processes, Requirements gathering)
2. Data Collection Toolkit: The (re)design and development of data collection tools to collect low-level or aggregated data from countries.
3. Data Management System: The redesign of a data loading, storage and management solution, based on .NET and SQL Server, with an Angular front-end.
4. Dashboards & Output Development: Design, build and integration of Microsoft PowerBI Dashboards, reports and maps.
5. Global Communication, Training & Rollout.
4. Other Assigned Duties
1. Manage all assigned initiatives (possibly multiple initiatives at a time) including refinement and coordination of project governance processes.
2. Manage the projects effectively according to the triple-constraint of “scope-time-resource” to ensure that the projects under her/his responsibilities remain at optimum efficiency and organization. Perform detailed project planning, resource scheduling, progress monitoring, issue resolution and risk management. Ensure smooth transition or handover of projects to operations team.
3. Act as the principal point of contact for the client regarding status of assigned projects. Develop project related documentation e.g. business cases, project initiation documents, detailed stage plans etc.
4. Perform critical business analysis on initiatives to determine viability, relevance, and success. Recommend options to improve business processes (with or without technical solutions).
5. Manage all senior stakeholder engagements and provide regular progress updates. Communicate issues to project team and the project governing bodies in a timely manner, and asks for intervention where necessary.
6. Provide professional solutions or consulting services to other IT project managers, both in HQ and Regional Offices, in the areas of planning, estimation, execution, and monitoring of projects.
7. Promote and adhere to the methodology established by the Project Management Office of the ITT department.
8. Manage relationship with all third party entities (near shore, offshore, or outsource) resources such as system integrators, contractors, or consultants in order to achieve the desired project outcomes.
5. Expected Deliverable(s)
The Senior Project Manager is expected to oversee the stakeholder engagement, setting up the environment with the vendor(s), collaborate with IT teams (both in Geneva and in regions), and work with different business units for the training.
The expected deliverables of this engagement are the following, but not limited to:
· Project Documentation: Project Charter, Plans, Status Reports, Presentations, etc.
· Project plan with tasks relating to feasibility or implementation of projects.
· Perform risk management to minimize project risks.
· Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope, and within budget.
· Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for execution of projects.
6. Essential Knowledge and Skills
• Proven leadership skills and decision making
• Proven skills in the areas of project management, planning, organizing, resourcing with a careful attention to detail to continuously monitor progress actions and initiatives.
• Ability to adapt and manage deliverables and resources in a climate of change and to think and act quickly, sometimes under pressure yet remain effective.
· Ability to effectively collaborate with teams in an international, multi-cultural, multi-disciplinary environment; separated by geographical locations and working under different time-zones.
· Ability to promote best practices, advise on improvements, independently perform research, and apply information from a broad range of sources.
· Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to influence, negotiate, advocate, motivate, resolve conflict, and adapt relevant leadership styles to a variety of situations.
· Excellent communication (both oral and written), problem solving and analytical skills.
· Strong supervisory, organizational, management, and consultancy skills.
· Proactive, flexible, resourceful and able to work independently with limited supervision.
· Strong affinity with projects and activities as described in the ‘Project Details’ section of this document.
7. Education Qualifications
First-level university degree in Business Administration, Project Management, Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline.
Professional qualification or foundation certification in project management methodologies such as PMI, Prince 2, Agile SCRUM.
Certification on Lean, Six Sigma, or ITIL v.3
At least 7 years of recent professional experience in programme / project planning, management and successful delivery of complex cross functional or interdependent projects, some of which should be at the global or international level.
Of which, 5 years of experience in successfully implementing IT software development projects and large application implementation in more than one location/site or projects with a wide end-user base.
Demonstrated professional experience working with senior-level management.
Proven experience in writing business plans, project-related documentation, or technical papers.
Experience in facilitating workshops, presentations to senior stake holders and managing change in a federated (decentralized) organization
Extensive experience in working across multiple time zones without the need for face to face meetings.
Experience with Service Management.
Experience with multinational organizations.
Experience with professional business services such as consulting.
9. Use of Language Skills
• Expert knowledge in spoken and written English.
• Basic knowledge in French is desirable, but not mandatory.
10. Other Essential IT Skills
• MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.)
• MS SharePoint, MS Visio, MS Project
Time and materials basis. It is envisioned that this engagement will be at least for ten (10) months due to the scope and size of the project.
Extensions or Renewals will depend on the PM’s performance and justified project delays as approved by the Project Board.bewerben Sie sich jetzt